Friday, May 23, 2008

For Jen

Jennifer wants a new post, but I don't have any new pictures.
So next week while at clinicals at Moab Hospital, I will take some pics of me working hard.
But this week was exciting as I was able to rotate into the ER, due to a heart attack patient that came. I was able to monitor the EKG (shows the rhythm of the heart), which was a classic picture of a heart attack victim. Once we had this patient stabilized the chopper came in and took this patient to St. Mary's in Grand Junction for further testing of his heart. It was awesome to work with the flight crew and load this patient into the chopper.
Also a man came in with his fingers in a bag. Why you ask? Because he decided to reach under the lawn mower while the motor was running. He was able to laugh about his situation, once we got his pain under control.
Oh the life of an ER nurse.

8 comments:

jeffylou said...

Thank you I know you are busy, busy, but I love the update. Now your not a belly itcher! Maybe you should take the guys fingers for yourself. Seems like you could use an extra hand right now. (Very Bradford thing to say, don't you think?) Love ya sis glad all is well!!!

jeffylou said...

More sir, could we have more?

jeffylou said...

I'm trying to be patient, but when do we get an update??? What happened to your fingerless guy?

jeffylou said...

This is me not being patient, where's my sister, did the ER eat her?

jeffylou said...

Hello?? We want a new post. From Kayla

jeffylou said...

We love to hear more about you. From Blaine

jeffylou said...

We like the stories from Jordon

jeffylou said...

We like to hear about your world. from the aliens