Brian and I went to Recapture Dam and played on the wave runners. We had a great time, until Brian decided to play chicken with me to get me wet. I'm sure everyone knows what chicken is, but if not let me explain. Both riders go head on at astronomical speeds and at the last minute the riders go different ways and a huge wall of water covers one or both of the riders. Well, this wasn't one of the times. Brian came at me at speeds of at least 40 mph. I was fine until he got about 10 yards from me and he wasn't turning. I became like a deer in the head lights and yelled, "You are going to hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" In my calmest voice of coarse. At the last second possible Brian turns and I am once again in shock of how he is going to hit me, so I try to turn out of it, but... We both turned the same way. Can you imagine what happened next... We slammed into each other. Brian and his wave runner went flying, but he didn't flip the wave runner. As for me, I just stopped dead in the water, but I also did not flip my wave runner. Needless to say, we are both sore today and a little sun burned.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Wave Runners at Recapture
Brian and I went to Recapture Dam and played on the wave runners. We had a great time, until Brian decided to play chicken with me to get me wet. I'm sure everyone knows what chicken is, but if not let me explain. Both riders go head on at astronomical speeds and at the last minute the riders go different ways and a huge wall of water covers one or both of the riders. Well, this wasn't one of the times. Brian came at me at speeds of at least 40 mph. I was fine until he got about 10 yards from me and he wasn't turning. I became like a deer in the head lights and yelled, "You are going to hit me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" In my calmest voice of coarse. At the last second possible Brian turns and I am once again in shock of how he is going to hit me, so I try to turn out of it, but... We both turned the same way. Can you imagine what happened next... We slammed into each other. Brian and his wave runner went flying, but he didn't flip the wave runner. As for me, I just stopped dead in the water, but I also did not flip my wave runner. Needless to say, we are both sore today and a little sun burned.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




6 comments:
One insy weensy suggestion. Don't mess with man bigger than you. Call him a dork for me and tell him to be nice!!!
You two are silly, One more reason I will NOT hit the water with you two...EVER!
I am just going to clarify this. Angela hit me! I am an experienced wave runner operator. So I was heading at Ang to splash her with my wake and she starts heading heading at me trying to attempt the same. I see that she is not going to turn and follow proper boating rules by turning right so I try to turn and get out of her way as she turns into me and slams her wave runner into me. My partner down her was with us that day and said he was afraid to go wave running with Ang.
I am just going to clarify this. Angela hit me! I am an experienced wave runner operator. So I was heading at Ang to splash her with my wake and she starts heading heading at me trying to attempt the same. I see that she is not going to turn and follow proper boating rules by turning right so I try to turn and get out of her way as she turns into me and slams her wave runner into me. My partner down her was with us that day and said he was afraid to go wave running with Ang.
Sounds like loads of fun. Glad to know all is well with you!
come see my blog. love yours.yours truly Lydias blog spot at babalous world.blogspot.com by
Post a Comment